We are excited to reopen our doors on June 28! While we look forward to seeing everyone, we want to emphasize the precautions we are taking to reopen safely for everyone. Here’s what you can expect.
A Safer Re-Gathering
A Sanitation Team will be established to disinfect after each service. Our team will be vigilant about cleaning and wiping down the pews, door handles, faucets, and any other common touchpoints. If weather permits, all doors will be propped open so there’s no need to touch door handles. Tables and chairs will be removed from the lobby and our Gathering Grounds will be closed to discourage physical contact. Every other pew will be roped off to allow for appropriate space between congregants. Also, hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout.
Signing Up for Services
An additional worship service will be added on Sundays to comply with social distancing regulations. You can sign up to attend service at either 9 a.m. or 10:45 a.m. at https://reopen.church/r/mj2v2HPT. We can accommodate 100 attendees per service, so we ask you to register in advance each week to ensure we have space for everyone. If you do not have a computer or smart phone and are unable to register you are still welcome to join us!
We ask that you arrive early. A member of the welcome team or an usher will show you which entrance to use and where you can choose to sit. Here are a few additional guidelines to follow:
- Please distance yourself 6 feet away from those who are not in your family or not regularly in your home.
- Every other row will remain empty.
- Please avoid physical contact like handshakes and hugs.
- We ask you to wear a mask as required by Governor DeWine's mandate for Summit County effective July 10.
- Our children’s ministry is not open yet so please keep your children with you at all times (more info for families with children below).
- We have removed Bibles and Hymnals from the pews so please bring your own or use an app such as the “Bible” app.
- We will not pass the offering plate. Instead you can use your smartphone to access our online giving at FirstChurchTallmadge.com/Donate. We will also have a contactless drop box in the lobby to put your offerings as you leave the service.
- At the end of service, you will be dismissed by rows starting from the back.
The CDC recommends the following people should not attend church services:
- Those who are (or are living with someone) under quarantine, not feeling well, or
- Those who have underlying health conditions
- Those who are 65 years and older. Please note, we will not turn anyone away based on age.
We understand many of you will not feel comfortable returning to church gatherings just yet, and we stand by and respect your decision. Join us by watching the service streamed LIVE via Facebook at 10:45 a.m. Videos are also always available on our Facebook page and our website.
Families with Children
We are happy to have your children join us for worship service! But we also know it will be quite a different experience to have children in our pews. To help our parents, the Children’s Ministry will create a Family Box filled with activities related to that week’s message to engage children during the service. Each family will have its own box (used only by them week-to-week) that will be sanitized after each service.
We also want to say THANK YOU for your unwavering faithfulness and generosity. Your gifts allow our work and mission to continue during this challenging time for our community. Whether you are attending service in person or watching from home you can give online at FirstChurchTallmadge.com/Donate.
As always if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you and sharing the hope of Christ!
Have a blessed day,
Pastor Josh, Staff and Elders